Bomb Damage

Following the modernisation of the church in 1858, it stood in the crowd of buildings that made up Wood Street prior to the Second World War.

Wood Street was badly damaged in an air raid in 1940, and the church was almost completely destroyed - only the tower remained standing.  The ruins of the church were finally demolished in 1955.

The tower was renovated in the late 1980s and now stands alone on an island in the roadway.

Ekhinos Ltd